Different funeral arrangements?
We will inform you of the choices and work with you to design and arrange a funeral that is a tribute – and honours the life of the person who has died.
Working together with you we will make even the simplest, the most traditional or the most ornate funeral special, and all those present will feel it.
If there is something that you would like to talk about that is not listed below then please contact us on 01453 767769.
Ideas for making the funeral special
We have a lot of experience in tailoring funeral arrangements to help make the day more personal and about the person who has died. For example:
1) Include the Minister in a briefing meeting with us all, to help them (and you) make the most of every opportunity of making the service personal.
2) If you do not have a particular religious faith, ask your uncle or a family friend to lead the ceremony; we can put you in touch with a Humanist minister, or the right independent or civil celebrant who – with your guidance – will create a beautiful and personal ceremony.
3) Members of the family and friends of any age and any sex can carry the coffin.
4) Double time can be booked at the crematorium (for under £200 more than the regular slot).
5) Candles can be used in many locations.
6) The service can include your own choice of special music, whether recorded or played live. You can also have a time of silence, in between tributes, songs, poetry, letters and memories spoken by friends, colleagues and family members – including children. The service is yours to design as you want. We will help if you want!
7) Family and friends can decorate the coffin beforehand. We can put you in touch with an artist who will design and paint it to match your ideas. We can weave small-leaved ivy onto the sides of a woven coffin, or people can bring flowers from their gardens to put on the coffin, or to line the grave. Instead of being left at the crematorium, flower bunches can be taken to the gathering afterwards, or to a local care home or hospice.
8) There is a wide range of possibilities for ashes following the cremation and we would be pleased to work with you on any of these, so please contact us for details.
Changes in Funerals
The video below shows you how funerals have changed throughout the years, and how a certain royal funeral changed funerals forever.